Director of Publications
(Jan 1990–Dec 2000)
I managed all print and electronic technical publications (including full software lifecycle documentation) for the 20+ products in the Financial and Compliance Solutions division.
- I was directly responsible for the design, development, editing, and production of 150+ different manuals, online help systems, and technical sales/marketing brochures.
- I reduced technical support calls by 30% by rewriting the division’s documentation as task–oriented instructions.
- I decreased printing costs by 55% during my tenure using a variety of creative print and electronic publication techniques.
- I developed corporate communication standards, which were later adopted by the various companies with which we merged or were acquired.
- I designed and built the company’s first intranet and internet sites as well as the first software lifecycle documentation, Windows–based online help systems, and electronic documentation sets.
- I personally wrote 23 technical manuals plus corresponding online help systems for three of the company’s product lines.